Teen Patti, the Indian Poker, is a gambling game where you win based on the value of your hand. It is popular in India. Now, you can even play Teen Patti online in India.
The value of a hand in Teen Patti depends on the three-card combinations known as sequences. These sequences have a ranking depending on the probability of getting them. The higher the chance of getting a Sequence, the lower the rank. If you want to be a master Teen Patti player, you must memorize these Sequences.
Teen Patti Sequences
Three of a kind: it also has the names trial, trio, and set. These are the best sequences you can get. The highest three of a kind is AAA, and the lowest is 222. Monoprice 110010 Headphones Review
- Straight Flush: you say that you have a straight flush if you have cards in order in the same suit, for example, 4, 5, 6 of Hearts or 6, 7, 8 of Diamonds. The highest Straight Flush is A, K, Q of the same suit; it can be any suit. And the lowest is 2, 3, 4. Pure Sequence and Pure Trail are Sequence’s other names.
- Straight: you can also say a Run or Sequence. These are similar to Straight Flush, except the cards don’t need to be of the same suit. For example, a 2 of Diamonds, 3 of Hearts, and 4 of Clubs will still count as a Straight. As in the case of a Straight Flush, the highest Straight is A, K, Q, and the lowest is 2, 3, 4.
- Flush: it also has the name Color. You need any three cards of the same suit to make this Sequence. The card values in a Flush don’t matter.
- Two of a Kind: if you only have two cards with the same value, it still makes a Sequence. People also call it a pair. The highest pair is an AA, and the lowest is a 22.
- High Card: If no player has any Sequence, the person with the highest card wins. The highest card in Teen Patti is A.
Below you can see a table showing the probability of getting the sequences.
|Trio or set||52||0.24%||424:1|
How to use the Sequences in a Game?
Knowing these sequences will be a waste if you don’t know how to play Teen Patti. The rules of the game are below:
- First, every player has to place a bet before the game starts.
- The dealer then deals three cards to every player in the counter-clockwise direction.
- In Teen Patti, the player on the dealer’s left begins the game.
- They can choose to play blind or not; playing blind means you do not see the cards. The advantage is that you only have to bet half the amount.
- Then you bet according to your Sequence and the betting pattern of others. If you think you have a higher hand than others, you bet; otherwise, you can fold or pack.
- During the game, anyone can request a side-show with another player who has seen their cards. They then secretly show their hand to each other; the player with the lower hand packs immediately.
- Finally, when only two players remain, there will be a show-down, and the one with a higher sequence wins all the money. A Teen Patti player may also win if all others pack their hands.
Variation in Sequences
There are many Teen Patti game variations; they have slight changes in their Sequences. You can see them below:
- Muflis: this is the most popular Teen Patti variation; here, the card values are in reverse. 2 has the highest value, and Ace has the lowest. The Sequences, however, remain the same.
- Odd Sequences: in this version of Teen Patti, the Straight and Straight Flush are different. Traditionally, these Sequences need cards in order of their rank; each card must be of a higher class than the last. Here, each card must be two levels higher than the previous. So, if the traditional Sequence was A, K, Q, here, it is A, Q, J; you skip a card. All the other Sequences remain the same.
- 3-2-1-1: This variation is fascinating; it has multiple rounds. The highest hand in each is different. In the first round, the highest hand is three of a kind, as usual for Teen Patti. In the second, however, the highest is a pair. In the third, it is a high card. And finally, in the fourth round, the highest valued hand will be the one with the lowest valued card.
In conclusion, Teen Patti is an exciting gambling game that is very popular in India; you can even play Teen Patti online. A player aims to get a hand with a higher value than the opponent. The hand values depend on the Sequences; these are accepted combinations in the game. These combinations rank according to the probability of getting it; the higher it is, the lower the hand value. However, the three of a kind have the highest importance even though it has more chance than the Straight Flush. Finally, there are variations to Teen Patti sequences to build further excitement for the game.