Carrying handguns is not very uncommon in Maryland and you can carry one too, however, you need to apply for an approved Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL). Such a license has become mandatory for any person who wishes to carry handguns and other pieces of firearms with himself/herself.
Maryland State Police has declared that the persons who would like to buy, rent or receive handguns cannot do so unless they possess a valid Handgun Qualification License (HQL), as issued by the Maryland State Police. This prioritization of the qualification license test was needed for a long time, which ultimately came in 2013 and since October 1, 2013, no Maryland citizens are allowed to carry, buy or possess firearms or handguns anymore without qualifying in the HQL course.
What is the Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) Course?
The handgun license or the Handgun Qualification License (HQL) training can be defined as four hours’ worth of instruction. This will include classroom instruction on state firearm law, home firearm safety, learning the mechanisms of handguns and their operation. Furthermore, the Handgun Qualification License also requires a trainee to display the ability to safely fire a handgun.
Why should you opt for the Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) Course?
As you have learned now to possess a handgun with yourself you would have to qualify in the Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) course if you hail from Maryland. Therefore, you must give it the utmost priority if you want to buy, rent, or have a handgun with you in Maryland.
Here are all the benefits that you can enjoy if you choose our reliable Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) course:
- Train yourself completely with our comprehensive training courses.
- Get approved HQL training courses without your reach.
- Fast and effective course.
- Affordable handgun licen se course.
- Get professional and qualified handgun instructors who are approved by Maryland State Police and have successfully established an account via MyLicense or the e-gov website of Maryland State Police.
If you are willing to opt for the Handgun Qualification License (HQL) Course in Maryland, you also need to note that the training is valid for a period of 3 years, which you will need to complete before you decide to submit an application for a Handgun Qualification License.
Who is Exempted from the Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) Course?
If you are wondering whether everyone living in Maryland needs to take the handgun qualification license course, then you are wrong because there are some persons who are exempted from participating in one such course. This personnel include:
- A manufacturer who produces licensed firearms.
- A person who is currently serving as an active law enforcement officer or someone who has retired from a law enforcement agency of the United States in good faith. This also includes a person who has retired from any other law enforcement agencies of the State, which also includes the local law enforcement agencies of the State.
- Someone who has served as a member of the US armed forces or a retired member of the armed forces of the United States or National Guard.
- Furthermore, this also includes somebody who purchases, rents, or receives, as the federal law defines it, an antique, a curio, or a relic or in determinations as stated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
All of the individuals mentioned above need to present valid documentation/credentials to a Regulated Firearms Dealer before they purchase or transfer a regulated firearm. However, in case you are a Maryland resident but neither of the above-mentioned individuals who are under the exempted categories, you then need to possess and show a valid Handgun Qualification License before you decide to purchase or transfer a regulated firearm.
You would need to complete the Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) course before you apply for a handgun license to obtain it smoothly and without any hassles. So, if you are waiting to have one, then this is the course you need to undergo!