Popular accounting software used by small and medium businesses around the world, QuickBooks is one of the most popular programs. It’s easy to use and helps you track finances, manage sales, and create invoices. There are many features in QuickBooks Desktop that allow businesses to boost their productivity.
Nevertheless, QuickBooks Desktop often encounters difficulties – after all, it’s software. Oftentimes, users encounter problems such as QuickBooks won’t open. Despite the fact that this issue can affect a business’s operations, there are some technical steps that can be used to resolve it.
What causes Quickbooks to be unable to open company files?
Numerous factors can contribute to company files not opening in QuickBooks. A few of them are listed below:
- As a result of corrupt or damaged company files
- It may be that the file has already been opened on another system via a multi-user network
- The method you are using to open the file may be incorrect
- Issues with the company file should be reported
- It is possible that QuickBooks software is outdated
- The company name can also be a contributing factor
Symptoms for QuickBooks won’t open:
- QB freezes on the desktop
- This operating system is an old version
- There are times when the system hangs
- An incorrect installation was performed
- Computers sometimes respond slowly to keyboard inputs and mouse clicks
- QB company file cannot be opened
Methods to fix QuickBooks Desktop won’t start or won’t open error
There are a few easy solutions to this Quickbooks won’t open issue, and below are a few.
Solution 1: Close the QBW32.exe process
- The first step is to select “Start Task Manager” by right-clicking on the “Windows taskbar” in the system.
- To arrange the processes alphabetically, click on the “Process tab” and then on the “Image Name” header.
- Choose “EXE” from the list.
- After closing the “exe process” click on “End Process”
Solution 2: Disable the QuickBooks desktop application
The QuickBooks program itself must be functional if your company file is damaged or corrupted. In this case, it is crucial to determine whether QuickBooks or your company file is functioning properly.
- Double-click the “QuickBooks Desktop” icon by holding down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard
- If QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error, do not release the “Ctrl” key until you see the “No Company Open” window.
- Open a company file by choosing “Open”
The file may open hassle-free, in which case you can do your business work frequently. However, if for some reason it does not open, then try the next suggested solution.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
Download the QuickBooks tool hub. There are many useful features in this tool that help resolve common errors. The best operating system for this tool is Windows 10. It is advisable to always download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- QuickBooks should be closed.
- Update QuickBooks tool hub to the latest version.
- Download and run QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Install and accept the terms and conditions by following the on-screen instructions.
- Upon installation, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Solution 4: Do a clean installation of QuickBooks
- It is necessary to first uninstall the QuickBooks software and then reinstall the software using a clean install followed by renaming the installation folders.
You can now open your QuickBooks desktop on your computer once you’ve completed all the steps described above.