Medicines are one of the greatest inventions of science and technology that has saved many human lives from thousands of years ago.
In the ancient days, different plants and spices were used as a direct form for curing any illnesses, be it mild or chronic. One such example of effective medicinal plant is known as cbd oil, which is made from the cannabis plants for relieving anxiety and neurological problems.
Today, we are able to buy different kinds of medicines that are not herbal-based, but are made with different chemical ingredients after they tested in labs.
Although we are mainly aware of the different chemicals that are used for medications, but we have lesser idea regarding the plants that are useful as medicines.
Let’s have a look at five of these useful medicinal plants:
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is known as the king of medicinal plants and can be used for hair, skin and for consumption in the form of drinks and medicines. Aloe Vera is useful for preventing constipation, skin problems, digestive problems, poor immune system and much more.
- Tulsi: While aloe Vera is known as the king of medicinal plants, tulsi is known as the queen of the medicinal plants. This plant holds an immense significance in the Hindu religion and is worshipped every day. Furthermore, it has an excellent healing property and only needs water for its growth. Tulsi is great for fighting your stress, reducing cough, treating indigestion etc.
- Mint: Mint is widely used for many different purposes. It serves as a mood enhancing fragrance to treating digestion problems, and requires a lot of water for growth. Some of the uses of mints are to keep the digestive system running smoothly, increasing the immunity power, repelling the mosquitoes away and improving the respiratory system.
- Fenugreek: The seeds and the leaves of this plant are useful for many purposes. Some of the benefits of fenugreek include: controlling cholesterol levels, enhances the taste buds, cleanses our blood and lowers blood pressure.
- Fennel: It is an aromatic plant that is used for a numerous health problems, and can be eaten as seeds itself. The fennel seeds are used for treating cough, improving the eyesight, reduces bad breath, increases the amount of breast milk, cures acid problems and controls the cholesterol levels.
There are an endless number of medicinal plants for treating diseases, but these five are the most common ones that are used for curing mild and sometimes chronic diseases as well.
In conclusion, we should consume medicinal plants more than the chemical ones as plant-based medicines have less side effects.