Are you new to the term “Dementia care in Vancouver? If yes, then you have arrived at the right page. In this piece of information we have explained everything about the same and its importance. Therefore, without any further delay, let us dive straight to the blog.
Dementia is basically a syndrome-basically of a progressive or chronic nature that gives rise to issues in cognitive functioning. Cognitive functioning means the ability to understand thoughts. It affects everything from the calculation, learning new things, memory loss, orientation, thinking ability, language, and much more. However, one thing that is not affected is consciousness. Cognitive functioning gets worse because of mood change, emotional and behavior changes. It is because of a plethora of injuries and medical conditions that dementia takes place. As a result, it gives rise to issues in the brain, stroke, and Alzheimer’s disease.
According to the experts, dementia is one of the biggest reasons why so many people are experiencing disability. In addition to this, the ones facing this medical condition usually depend on others for everything. Dementia is a medical condition that not only has economic impacts but also social, physical and psychological ones. The same is not only suffered from the pne suffering from dementia but also by the people taking care of them. This is primarily why you should opt for dementia support bc before the situation gets worse. Obtaining the right treatment before time often helps you avoid unwanted problems.
Symptoms and signs of Dementia
In some way or the other, dementia is a medical condition that affects every single person, depending on the causes, cognitive functioning before catching the disease. The symptoms and signs connected with dementia are divided into three different stages.
- The beginning stage: The starting stage of dementia is most of the times ignored by most of them. Some of the symptoms of the starting stage consist of the below mentioned.
- Not able to keep a track of time.
- Getting lost in known places.
- Middle stage: As time passes, dementia progresses to the second stage. The signs and symptoms of the second stage are listed below.
- Not able to remember names of your near and dear ones.
- Getting confused when at home.
- Not able to communicate with people in the right manner.
- Requiring immense help with personal care.
- Noticing changes in the behavior.
- The last stage: The last stage of dementia is worse. Memory issues get severe day by day and symptoms that are listed below become obvious.
- Not able to recognise friends and family members.
- Becoming unaware of the place.
- Having no idea about the time.
- Need proper care day by day.
- Not able to walk in the right manner.
- Facing issues like aggression
- Behavior changes.
If you or your near and dear ones are experiencing dementia, then now is the time to take some action. Get in touch with a trusted doctor and acquire the right treatment. Precaution is always better than cure. Discuss your medical requirements with the doctor and receive top notch treatment from them. Your health is not a joke. Do not take it for granted.