A popular software among taxpayers, TurboTax provides benefits for tax preparation and filing returns. This makes it easier for people to file their taxes without much hassle. TurboTax has different versions for different types of taxpayers, and thus, you might need to follow a different set of steps depending on the version you have. Have trouble installing TurboTax? You shouldn’t have any problems. In order to make the steps for each version clearer, we have described them separately.
TurboTax on Windows: How to Install?
- 1 TurboTax on Windows: How to Install?
- 1.1 What is the procedure for installing TurboTax on Windows 10?
- 1.2 The following are the steps to install TurboTax with a CD on Windows 10:
- 1.3 The following steps will show you how to install TurboTax without a CD:
- 1.4 Is TurboTax compatible with Windows 8 and 7?
- 1.5 Is TurboTax compatible with Windows 8?
- 1.6 In a nutshell
TurboTax needs to be installed in order to offer its advanced features and amazing services. Follow the steps below in order to do so:
Make sure you have a stable internet connection before you begin to install TurboTax
- To get started, visit installturbotax.com
- Create an account if you don’t already have one, or sign in to your existing account.
- Please select the option to download now.
- Open the TurboTax Installer folder once the download has been completed.
- Choose the install option after clicking the TurboTax Installer.
- Afterward, click on Finish to complete the installation.
- Click on Next after entering your installation key.
- Finally, select an activation method.
What is the procedure for installing TurboTax on Windows 10?
Here are the steps you need to follow to download TurboTax on Windows 10:
- You should close all background programs and temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus.
- Put the TurboTax CD into the optical drive of your computer and click on Run setup.exe.
- Double-click the installer option in TurboTax if you have downloaded the software online. Next, click Finish.
- Continue by clicking I Agree to abide by the End User License Agreement.
- To install the software in a different location, click on the Change option and select a different folder.
- Uncheck the Sure, count me in the checkbox if you don’t want to send an anonymous performance report to Intuit.
- In order to complete the process, click on Install. It may take up to three minutes.
The following are the steps to install TurboTax with a CD on Windows 10:
The following steps will guide you through installing TurboTax on Windows 10 with a CD:
- Closing all the programs running in the background, including your antivirus software and firewall, is the first step.
- You can then open the downloaded file by switching to the installed version and clicking on it.
- You can also insert the CD into the CD driver of your computer and search for your downloaded file
- The installation will begin automatically after you have followed the above steps. Follow the steps below if it does not work: If this doesn’t work, then follow the steps below:
- Start the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key simultaneously.
- Go to the TurboTax CD from a CD/DVD/RW drive, especially Drive D, by clicking on browse.
- Launch the installer by double-clicking setup.exe and clicking OK.
The following steps will show you how to install TurboTax without a CD:
You can try following the below steps to download TurboTax on Windows 10 without a CD:
- Start by closing all programs currently running on your system, as well as your current browser.
- Once you have disabled the antivirus program, install it again.
- Then, visit the InstallTurboTax Com. Choose the TurboTax software that you want to purchase after clicking on the download link.
- You can now download the file by clicking on it and following the steps that appear.
Is TurboTax compatible with Windows 8 and 7?
While TurboTax has minimum system requirements of Windows 8 or higher, it is still compatible with Windows 7 or newer. The feature is only compatible with TurboTax 2019 and older versions. Microsoft’s Windows 7 support will end on January 14th, 2020, according to Intuit TurboTax. Customers’ personal information such as social security numbers, as well as their bank account information, were considered when making this decision.
For users of Windows 7, Microsoft recommends upgrading to Windows 10. Users of TurboTax 7 will need to use the online version of the software for taxes filed in 2021 for the tax year 2020.
Is TurboTax compatible with Windows 8?
TurboTax cannot be used on Windows 7; however, TurboTax can be installed on Windows 8. Here are the steps to install it:
- The installer can be opened by double-clicking the download file.
- Following the CD’s insertion into your computer’s CD drive, if the installation does not begin automatically, follow these instructions:
- To open the Run window, press Windows + R simultaneously.
- You will find the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive when you click browse.
- Start the installation by double-clicking the setup.exe file.
- Activate your product by entering your license code in the box that appears when the message ‘Your Product is installed, now let’s activate it’ appears on your screen.
- Once the installation is complete, click on continue.
In a nutshell
The above-mentioned instructions should have answered your question, how to install TurboTax, and you should be able to install it without much trouble.