Nowadays, knee pain is very common in people of all ages. Pain can result for several reasons, including torn cartilage and ruptured ligaments, but the major causes of knee pain are aging or tiresome stress on the joint. So, are you deciding to bear a total knee replacement? While searching for the best knee replacement doctor in Mumbai, consider taking a supposition from several Orthopedic Doctor’s.
The best joint specialist surgeon in Mumbai includes replacing the infected/harmed joint surfaces with artificial joints made of metal and plastic. If you are bearing knee pain and keeping in mind knee replacement surgery, there are some things you should know. See also: When Back Surgery Is Necessary?
1. Conservative Treatment
- Think carefully about knee replacement surgery and discuss non-surgical treatments with your orthopedic surgeon. If your knee starts paining, it’s best to inaugurate yourself with a knee surgeon specializing in non-surgical and surgical treatments of the knee. The first approach is always to explore physical therapy, gel injections, or alternative medicine, or it is also called conservative treatment.
If conservative treatments become unsuccessful in relieving your pain, discuss and talk with your surgeon about whether thinking of knee replacement surgery is a fair decision for you.
2. Recovery and Improvement depend on the health conditions of the patient
- If you are considering knee replacement surgery, it is important to get health conditions under control, such as excess weight and diabetes, so that post-surgical recovery goes smoothly.
- In addition, many surgeons suggest physical therapy before surgery to strengthen the muscles around the knee joint. Patients in good physical condition are often candidates for same-day knee replacement-means they get discharged the same day.
- Most patients are discharged from the hospital 2–3 days following surgery so that the patients remain on complete bed rest for a few days.
3. Waiting for a long time to have surgery can cause further damage
- There is a fine balance between replacing the knee too early and waiting too long, which can lead to muscle atrophy, increased pain, and the ability to get full strength to the knee after surgery.
- With the best joint specialist surgeon in Mumbai you can discuss “the right time” to have knee replacement surgery, based on your circumstances and quality of life.
4. Types of knee replacement surgery
Knee replacement can be total or partial.
- Total knee replacement (TKR): In this type of surgery, both sides of the knee joint are replaced. It is the most common procedure. The duration of surgery is approx. 1 to 3 hours. The patient will have less pain and better mobility, but scar tissue will make the knees challenging to move and bend.
- Partial knee replacement (PKR): Partial replacement supplants only one side of the knee joint. The incision is smaller, but it is a short-term replacement, not a total replacement.
PKR is suitable for people with damage in only one part of the knee. Post-operative rehabilitation is more straightforward. There is less blood loss and a lower risk of infection and blood clots.
5. Research when selecting a provider
- Ask for referrals from someone who has had a knee replacement. It is the best way to find the best joint specialist surgeon in Mumbai.
- A surgeon utilizes new technologies, like navigation, customized implants, and robotic technologies, which improve long-term results.
Many significant medical procedures require the best joint replacement surgeon in Mumbai. With the help of world–class and advanced doctors with years of involvement in knee replacement surgery helps you recover quickly with less pain and discomfort. It is the best option to fix damaged knee joints and can bring immense relief to chronic knee pain.